I lost my accounts how do i get them back

@adipeder123

The Brave Browser folder to routinely back up, is the BraveSoftware folder that is in the following path (for Windows OS):

• C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\BraveSoftware\Brave-Browser\User Data\Default\

Thus, THE IMPORTANT Brave-Browser folder is entirely preserved.

The security credentials of the previous Windows OS installation, used for encrypting and decrypting the passwords of the username-and-password combinations stored by the Brave Browser > Password Manager, are NOT in the path mentioned above (nor are the credentials in the Mac OS and Linus OS paths that are mentioned, following).

Therefore, in order to preserve the passwords, some backup method needs to be employed, and that might be one or more of:

• Brave Sync (PROBLEMATIC/UNCERTAIN)

• Export passwords to .CSV file

• Third-party password manager such as 1Password, BitWarden, KeePASS, LastPASS (examples)

• GoodSync backup software (example)

Mac OS:

• /Users/username/Library/Application Support/BraveSoftware/Brave-Browser/Default/

Linux OS:

• $HOME/.config/BraveSoftware/Brave-Browser/Default/

IF you are willing to hack and struggle, in order to TRY to recover your passwords, then read the following steps plus additional replies, at:

_ ‘Brave Wont show My Passwords, and Logged me out of all websites - #4 by CerealLover

Backup Software and Tips

Include date and time in the backup filename. For example:

• 20220629-1627_BraveSoftware_fldr_bkup.zip

• BraveSoftware_fldr_bkup_20220629-1627.zip

Windows OS users:

Create a new System Restore Point every day that you use your computer.