How to recover deleted Saved Passwords

Description of the issue: I had some issues in my windows after some minor windows update in 20h2 build . After that I had to reset my windows, which caused all my apps and related app data(only) to be deleted. Now, i suddenly realized that all my saved passwords, most of which i do not even remember of which sites they were, are lost. The only good thing (probably) is that there is a folder named Windows.old which has old AppData . Is there a way to recover them??

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):
Version 1.26.74 Chromium: 91.0.4472.124 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Information: I am right now on 21H1 version, 64bit.
Edit: After i copied the old BraveSoftware folder in AppData to the new one, i had to replace the files(as it was either of the two - either replace or leave as it is). Which actually discarded my new user data of about a week but all the previous data including history, cookies, passwords, addresses, settings, bookmarks,etc. EVERYTHING IS BACK!!!

1 Like

You should have backed it up before deleting… There is an option to back it up in Brave…

BTW it may still be recoverable from the AppData Folder, but I have no clue if we can…

Unfortunately, if you uninstalled Brave all data is lost if you have not enabled the Sync.

Porridge

@GreenBananaPorridge

Where is this option. Reading this I decided it would be a good idea but I searched Brave settings and found no option to backup the settings, which I assume would include the advanced data where the passwords are stored.

This is the settings where you can Backup the settings:

But since it is already deleted, I don’t think there is anyway to recover it now… Just backup your settings the next time u do it.

Thanks. I’ve never seen the need for setting up synch, but if this is the best way to make sure that settings and passwords can be restored I’ll certainly give it a try.
By the way, I haven’t lost my settings - that was someone else. I entered the conversation because I couldn’t find a way to backup the settings. I used the search option to look for export and backup but didn’t find anything. Synching to my PC will solve the issue.
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction

Glad I could help…
Oh also I didn’t see that you were a different person so I had that confusion.

What if i copy the folder from Windows.old in AppData and paste it on the current folder. The contents of it would then be added, wouldn’t that restore the settings??

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.