I turned off my computer and now I have lost my passwords

Description of the issue: I turned off my computer and now I have lost my passwords and Brave seems to be restarted, as there is all the tutorial guides are appearing again.

**Expected result:**I want to get back my passwords

Brave Version( check About Brave):
Versión 1.35.103 Chromium: 98.0.4758.102 (Build oficial) (64 bits)

Additional Information:

@Natbott ,

The BraveSoftware directory that contains many items (files and sub-folders and more files – including your Bookmarks and Bookmarks.bak files, and some Password info) is at

%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\BraveSoftware
aka
C:\Users\your_username\AppData\Local\BraveSoftware

If, you have been making backups of that BraveSoftware folder, and placing your backups somewhere NOT within the Brave Browser installation paths – IOW, you maintain backups on, for example, and external drive – then there is a chance that you might restore your Passwords.

Also, if, you have routinely created a System Restore Point

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-use-system-restore-windows-10

then you might restore your Windows OS to that moment in time.

Another way to store your Passwords, is to use some password wallet -type application, such as 1Password or BitWarden.

Now, if by chance, you did manage to create a backup of your BraveSoftware folder, and place that backup copy in a safe location, then you may achieve success – recovering your Passwords – by finding a way very similar to how lost Chrome Bookmarks were recovered:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.