I can't use brave browser properly on my PC

Hi i install brave browser on my PC. But after launch it my AVG antivirus blocked many certificate of the browser and i can’t install extension on the browser. It always failed to install extension. Please help me.

Can you show a screenshot of the issue?

Are you on Windows 7 by any chance?

Yes i use windows 7. Ok i will send screenshot

Ok, thanks.

Please also read through this thread, as it is probably the same issue: AVG blocking some Brave components due to security cert issue

Hi, Here you can see its blocked my brave browsers server certificate

Yeah, I’m 98+% certain it’s the same issue as linked above. Please refer to that thread.

In short, since you are running Windows 7 and it isn’t updating certificates on its own (thru Windows Update), you will need to update them by hand and then I suspect the issue will go away.

I watch that video in that thread. AVG blocked my so many certificate But in that video it only show about one certificate

It’s still the same issue. There is a root certificate, which signs other web site certificates, that expired. So the expiration of one certificate breaks a ton of sites and applications.

Not worked. I import the certificate

Maybe try rebooting the computer and try again.

If it still fails, try again with AVG temporarily disabled?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.