I Can't Access The Extension Manager

Description of the issue:
How can this issue be reproduced?

I can’t seem to access the page that allows me to manage my extensions, via any method. I’m automatically redirected to the main ‘Settings’ - ‘Get started’ - page [brave://settings].

  1. In ‘Settings,’ under the ‘Extensions’ tab / page [brave://settings/extensions], clicking on ‘Manage extensions’ [brave://extensions] automatically redirects me there.

  2. It also does this when I click on the ‘Manage extensions’ option on the drop-down menu when clicking on the puzzle piece on the bar containing my pinned extensions, as well as when I click the option on any given pinned extension.

  3. And when I click on the ‘Extensions’ option on the main menu via the three stacked horizontal bars.

The exact same thing happens when I click on ‘Keyboard Shortcuts’ [brave://extensions/shortcuts] (also under the ‘Extensions’ tab / page), although I don’t use any keyboard shortcuts and I only clicked on it to see what it would do.

Besides those, and not actually being able to bring up the page that lets me manage my extensions, all else, not only under the ‘Extensions’ tab / page but under all others, seem to work as they should.

Expected result:

Clicking on the ‘Manage extensions’ link, via both ‘Settings’ and the puzzle piece drop-down menu along with each pinned extension and clicking on the ‘Extensions’ option via the main menu, should bring up the page that lets me manage my extensions. Instead I’m automatically redirected back to the ‘Get started’ page. I can’t seem to access the extensions managing page at all.

Brave Version (check ‘About Brave’):


Additional Information:

I’d say that within the last ~4 months+ I only added one extension. I just removed it to see if it possibly could’ve been responsible (and I wasn’t really using it anyway), but it wasn’t.

I don’t dig into or mess around with my extensions (or the browser itself) much so I can’t say what could’ve actually happened, but I’d say that the only thing that’s really changed is that I’ve updated the browser versions when a new one has been released. I don’t have many extensions and the last time I did add one I remember it all working as it should.

Likewise, I haven’t changed any other settings (in ‘Settings’) myself (that I can remember) in at least that same time period.

I haven’t really explored the browser much so I don’t know much about it all, so forgive my ignorance. On that note, I guess I would also ask as to where the extensions are stored on my Windows computer?

1 Like

Hello there @prander please accept my apologies for this inconvenience. Please try clearing your site data to see if this solves the issue. To do so, please follow these steps:

  1. Click on the Menu icon in the top right, and go to Settings
  2. Go to Additional settingsPrivacy and SecurityClear browsing data
  • A quicker way to get to this page would be to enter brave://settings/clearBrowserData into your address bar
  • See Advanced for a breakdown of the data you can clear
  1. Deselect Browsing history and Cached files (if you only want to clear cookies)
  2. Click Clear data

Let me know if that works.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.