Extensions Bug in Update V1.25.68 or .70*
Description of the issue:
Extensions that were previously pinned in all Brave versions up to V1.24.86 appear as they should. Since the V1.25.68 or .70* update, only the puzzle piece (extensions) icon appears - all the previously-pinned extensions are missing.
In the update, when I click on the puzzle piece, I can see the extensions but the pin button is greyed out, and I can no longer pin any extensions. In order to use the extensions, I must do so from inside the Extensions menu. I’ve dug around inside each extension; changing settings from within the individual extensions has no affect. The only thing that has worked has been to install the previous version of Brave each time I want to use the browser. The last version that worked was V1.24.86.
How can this issue be reproduced?
- Open browser, update to Version 1.25.70 Chromium 91.0.4472.77 (Official Build) (64-bit). Close and reopen browser.
- Observe no extensions are pinned.
- Open Extensions tool (puzzle piece icon) Try to pin an extension, but pin is greyed out.
- Open browser (any version)
- See existing extensions pinned OR open Extension Tool and try to pin extension. Pin icon should turn RED indicating extension was successfully pinned.
Brave Version( check
*Good Question. When I check About Brave, it says:
“Version 1.25.70 Chromium 91.0.4472.77 (Official Build) (64-bit)”
BUT when I click on that,
it takes me to https://brave.com/latest/ which shows as " Desktop V1.25.68 (May 27, 2021).
I am able to re-
install V 1.24.86 and restore the functionality of the previously-pinned extensions; they immediately appear as they were before on the browser. I am also able to pin other extensions from V 1.24.86. As soon as the browser is updated and reloaded, the pinning function is broken.