I cannot link my Uphold account to Brave - Android

Please help i cannot link my uphold account to brave please i already verified it but it is saying that my uphold account still not verified

1 Like

@BossOdip

Any other info re Uphold, should be at:

You might want to try this step-by-step… This helped me resolve the issue, even without uninstalling the Uphold app before verifying as other solutions have suggested. Here it goes, as below:

STEP 1: Go to your Brave Rewards section. I hope you see something like this…

Action: Tap on the “Unverified” drop-down…

STEP 2: You should see something like this…

Action: Tap on “Continue”

STEP 3: Now you will see this…

Action: Select Uphold

STEP 4: Once you select Uphold, it will show this…

Action: Tap on “Continue to login”

STEP 5: If you already have a Uphold app installed on your Android, it will give you a choice to open “Continue to login” (from previous) in either Uphold app or Brave or any other browser (depending on what you have installed on your Android device).

Action: Select Open With —> Brave —> Just Once

STEP 6: It will take you to a browser login version of Uphold.

Action: Do the login and 2FA through Google Authenticate or whatever other mechanism you have…

Once you do all this, Uphold will log in your account and automatically re-direct you to the initial Brave Rewards setting screen (as shown in Step 1), where you will see something like this…

Here you will see your wallet verified…

This worked for me, despite having Uphold app already installed on my Android device! Hope this helps you too… :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This should solve your issue.

1 Like

My two cents. :smiley:

Check this (especially #2 below):

1. Make sure your account is verified at Uphold. Go to your profile page and there should be a verified date at the bottom.

Example: Screenshot of a Verified Profile at Uphold
    Can’t verify and authorize the wallet, can’t connect Brave to Uphold - #2 by Impoiler

2. Make sure all your personal information in your Uphold account is accurate and complete. For example, Uphold will verify your account with an incomplete address, but Brave needs your full address, including street number, street, city, etc.

Please post an update! Also, please provide your Brave and OS version if you still experience a problem.

Same problem, suggested solution does not work. For starters … when I click on the BAT triangle symbol from a new page on Brave (Android), I cannot “pull down” anything on the button that says “Unverified”. Below that, at the place where it would be showing my Uphold balance, there is a spinning “wait” icon that never stops or goes away.

Okay, so skip that … click on the “gear” icon at the bottom of that screen, next “Summary” which is what is currently showing, and the “Brave Rewards” settings page opens up. At the top of THAT page, it has the Uphold symbol with the words “Logged out” next to it. That drop-down DOES work, offering the option to Log In to Uphold, or to disconnect from Uphold. Since I don’t want to disconnect, I click on Log In.

Next, an Uphold screen asking me to “Reauthorize” Brave Browser opens up. Big green “Reauthorize” button at the bottom. Clicking that results in display of “Something went wrong, please try again.” That’s it, no joy, and any attempt to do the above steps ends up with the same results.

I’ve tried logging out of Uphold, THEN going through the process, slightly different screens are presented, but the results are the same. No matter what, I remain DISCONNECTED from Uphold.

I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling Uphold app and same thing.

I am fully verified … have been since 2019. I seem to be receiving BAT credits each month, so I’m gun-shy about anything that would disconnect me FOR REAL and/or cause me to lose BAT credits earned in the current month. As it is, on my Desktop system, I just went through a problem where I was not seeing ANY ad notifications presented for a couple months before realizing it was an issue. Brave support reestablished something from their end and that’s working again, but I still lost at least a couple months worth of credits and my questions / or suggestions as to perhaps awarding some based on past history went unanswered … as in, not told it wasn’t an option, just ghosted. Seems unfair as it was problem on Brave’s end … or at least, fixed from their end, so I had no control over that.

All in all, I’m delighted with the browser. I’m (mostly) happy with the support staff and response. I’m not at all pleased with the BAT program for many months / years. It continues to be wonky, unverifiable in many regards … what’s the point of “Statements” for example if they are meaningless and show no history … among other issues. I get it, it’s not a big deal, it’s basically payment enough to buy a couple decent cups of coffee a month. But scrape a few shekels off millions of users each month and we’re talking real money. I’m not CLAIMING that anything untoward is going on, I’m just not happy that it’s it’s so opaque and fragile. After many years, the whole BAT program should be much more robust and full featured.

In any case, if I can get my Android phone RE-Connected without losing anything, I’d be happy. So, any answers from the crowd or the crew?

Thanks in advance…
Victor

1 Like

Thanks, you save my day :pray:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.