I cannot backup Android/Brave BAT and need to switch to new phone urgently

I have a significant number of BAT which I don’t wish to lose, on my Android browser. I have to send my old Android phone on which they are located (which is not and cannot be rooted) back for trade-in and I need a way to preserve my BAT.

I cannot verify with Uphold because my passport is expired and the new one is weeks away from arriving, so that’s just not an option (confirmed by Uphold support).

I have tried creating a sync chain, which doesn’t do anything here. Gemini doesn’t seem to be available yet for Android.

Can someone please assist with this? I saw a topic mentioning that Brave staff were able to do something, given Reward internals data but the member I contacted has not responded for several weeks.

Brave 1.31.88 on Android 9

Is your browser wallet currently verified? (yes/no) NO

What date did you verify your wallet? N/A

Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past? N/A

Are you using a VPN? (yes/no) NO

Are you in a supported region (see here for list of supported regions)? YES

Does your device pass the SafteyNet check (Android only)? YES

Have you manually turned off Auto-contribute on all of your devices linked to Uphold?? N/A

@schlimig,
Please see the DM I just sent you and we can continue the conversation there.

@Mattches
I have the similar issue. I have got a new phone and would like to move my BATs from my old one. I don’t have neither an uphold account not Gemini. Additionally both of them are not available in Germany as far as I got that. Is there a way to sync or move the BATs between both Android phones? Any help is appreciated!

Best regards
Niko

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.