I actually like the AI feature on search

Seems like everyone is just hating on the AI but I actually like it a lot and it’s one of the best features in brave search imo. Thank you brave devs!

6 Likes

Most people like it. They just don’t take the time to come here like the complainers do.

2 Likes

I just am not satisfied with Braves’ search Results.

1 Like

I use it, too. Not the formal Leo Assistant feature (that’s too much AI up in my grill), but the Search summaries are useful for comparing & confirming against my own knowledge.

AI responses are kind of like the new Wikipedia. Best used as a general jumping off point. I like seeing a summary above search results for context.

Sometimes I’ll type a vague phrase in just to see what it spits out & how accurate & detailed it can be. Very good so far. General questions are slightly better, but I like to use as few words as possible & see what happens.

Helped me find a '90s song with one small lyrical phrase. Youtube wasn’t as effective. Also helped summarize various Olympic competitor drama (hit horses, spy drones, Nippowned, the ever-fecal Sheine).

1 Like

Same here, definitely a jumping off point. With all the talk of google censoring Trump assassination info I looked on Brave and got correct info. However…it did tell me Lee Harvey Oswald attempted to assassinate JFK but failed and tried again and succeeded. Wow, that’s a doozy!

1 Like

I’m not using Brave as default on desktop but I do have Brave Search as default in my default browser and I think it’s great, especially on technical stuff and it tends to be accurate and, when not, might be incomplete rather than totally wrong. And when it pops up I usually don’t have to look at the other results.

My sentiments exactly. :slightly_smiling_face: