How to open the same URL on different windows?

Hi guys, I am a happy Brave user. I left Chrome and I have no regrets.

There’s one thing though that is annoying me a lot.

Let’s say I have a Brave window open with a specific URL, like www.google.com

If I open ANOTHER window and I type www.google.com, instead of having TWO windows open with www.google.com, Brave switches to the previously open window, which is VERY annoying. I would like to be able to open as many windows with THE SAME URL as I want.

I couldn’t find a setting to fix that. What am I missing?

Any help is appreciated.

Hi and welcome. :slight_smile:

It works for me. I haven’t a clue why it’s not working for you. Sorry. Just thought I would let you know it doesn’t appear to be happening with everyone.

My OS is Win 10 and I have Brave version 1.35.101 installed.

@carlosonline can you provide more details on which version of Brave and MacOS that you’re using? I think that will help. Also going to tag @fanboynz here to see if he know anything.

I will say I’ve tested on Windows 10, Android 10, and iOS 15.3.1 and I can’t replicate your issue in any of those. Yet I know none of those is on MacOS, so not sure if it might be different. I just know they will need more information to narrow things down and provide the right type of assistance.

I found the issue! I had an extension called Clutter Free that closes any tabs with the same URL. I disabled it and it is working fine now. Thank you so much for your help anyway.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.