How to get chrome extension up to date?

I’m using brave Version 0.59.26 Chromium: 72.0.3626.64 (Official Build) beta (64-bit)
I have Ublock origin, bitwarden installed.

I’m very upset about Brave browser doesn’t automatically update all extension to the latest version when there is an update on Chrome store?

I have to manually uninstall the current version and install the latest version always… How stupid brave browser is.

1 Like

Brave should update extensions automatically, just like Chrome does. Neither Brave nor Chrome is guaranteed to install an update as soon as it’s available on the store. But if it’s taking more than a few days for extensions to be updated, that’s definitely not working as expected.

You can also manually update extensions without uninstalling and reinstalling. If you go to brave://extensions and toggle the Developer mode switch in the top right, you should see a new bar of options, including an Update button. That should get you the latest versions of your extensions.

If that doesn’t work, there’s definitely a problem, and we should open an issue to fix it.

1 Like

Hi,
I still having this issue. I already tested toggle the Developer mode on and Update. still not working.
This is the post I post last month: Chrome plugin doesnt update automatically
same issue.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.