How to disable auto update , since brave is capping NTP ads in Nightly to 1 ad/day

Disabling auto update can stop you seeing ads as we only support ads on more recent versions of the browser. Thanks

Hi. Some ads may only display once, please give it time for new catalogs and new images. Thanks

I’m already seeing the changes and in Nightly too.

1 Like

What kind of changes?

If you have time, listen to the Community Call from last night. You’ll hear info on that and a LOT more. It’s actually a good one to listen to.

Regarding NTP Sponsored Images.

Hmm how are they working now? I’m unable to update and check at the moment.

Yesterday I notice there was a major change on NTP validation mechanism. Regardless your browser release/version, now you cannot earn 4 NTP in a row opening new tab page, it will output “User was inactive” as impediment. One must relaunch the browser in order to earn NTP on second new tab refresh. That’s still working.

Note that I didn’t update all of my devices so I have no idea how they infiltrated this mechanism on my system other than through BraveUpdate application.

Just wanted to add that NTP 20/day 4/hour seems like a very primitive parameter with little practical effect. I’m glad they’re finally reevaluating it. Hope it’s for the best.

1 Like

I don’t think that’s necessarily true. Will have to check but I don’t feel very inclined at the moment. :grin:

It is. They even mentioned the reason in community call. Only fair. Lol

Maybe something on my side only? :thinking:

I checked several times but will give another try.

Barely dead topic, fyi NTP in new versions of the browsers is not capped at 1, still 20, but with a different behavior. Simply no more 4 per hour, but around 1 every 30 minutes. It works in this way for every installation i have and even in my brother’s phone. Not the 4th tab anymore, but the 6th, and maybe even less than 30 minutes, try for yourself.

Have you tried relaunch the browser after earning NTP to see if can earn again?

Yes, not just after relaunched, you still have to wait 30m.

When you acess brave://version/ what are your Active Variations?

BraveAds.UserActivityStudy:Triggers=NTPSI/TimeWindow=15m/

Mine on Release version, 1.41.100 is BraveAds.UserActivityStudy:Triggers=NTPSI/TimeWindow=15m/Threshold=0.0/IdleTimeThreshold=5s

Btw, @g00z did you listen to that Community Call from a couple weeks ago where they were talking about the changes to NTP? The one I shared a few posts/comments above, How to disable auto update , since brave is capping NTP ads in Nightly to 1 ad/day - #25 by Saoiray

Someone’s knowledge of Brave Rewards is growing day by day. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Disable Brave Update
Kill task Process BraveUpdate.exe
Delete Folder C:\Program Files (x86)\BraveSoftware\Update

Turn On Update
download Brave and reinstall

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.