How to connect wallet with Metamask instead of automatically with the Brave wallet?

Description of the issue:
A site I want to use (RomeDAO) on the Moonriver network does not work with the brave browser (the staking button doesn’t do anything), so I wanted to connect through Metamask, which worked. But as soon as I klick on “connect wallet”, it’s always the Brave extension that pops up, even though I’m connected to the site through the Metamask extension and not through the Brave wallet.

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.

• go to settings
  • try every freakin combination of the setting “default cryptocurrency wallet”
  • disconnect brave wallet from the site
  • connect Metamask wallet to the site

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):
‘connect wallet’ ALWAYS pulls up the connection to the Brave wallet and not to the Metamask extension

Expected result:
Be able to connect with Metamask instead of the Brave wallet bullying me out of the possibility to do so.

Reproduces how often:
Every time so far

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):
date
[Version 1.32.113 Chromium: 96.0.4664.45 (Official Build) (64-bit)]

Additional Information:

Did you choose “Brave Wallet (Prefer extensions)” in the wallet settings?

1 Like

More information here:

I tried every option and manually disconnected the brave wallet and manually connected Metamask with each option.

Everytime I klick on the ‘connect wallet’ button, I instantly get the connect with brave popup.

According to the link @brian posted, this should have solved my problem, but it did not:
" * None - window.ethereum will not be provided by Brave Wallet at all. If you have extensions such as MetaMask, is is free to use window.ethereum ."

Could you please take a screenshot of the connect with Brave screen you are talking about? If you have None selected and if you restarted your browser after changing that setting I don’t think that is possible.

I’m getting the exact same issue, ever since updating the browser. It won’t allow me to connect Metamask to sites and automatically the Brave wallet pops up. Please help. What’s the fix? Screenshot attached.

Please don’t use Crypto Wallets (deprecated) with MetaMask. It is not compatible with it. The new Brave Wallet is compatible with it.