How to connect Brave browser with a verified Uphold account

Briefly describe your issue:
I can’t connect Brave rewards with a verified Uphold account. It says “it doesn’t support country”
What Operating System and Brave version are you using (Menu --> About Brave)?

I use Android system with updated the Brave browser
Is your browser wallet currently verified? (yes/no)
Yes, I have verified Uphold wallet (United Kingdom)
What date did you verify your wallet?
3 years ago
Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past?
Yes I was able to collect in the past BAT tokens into my Uphold account
Are you using a VPN? (yes/no)
No, I don’t use it.
Are you eligible for Brave Rewards (see here for list of supported regions)?
United Kingdom is supported country.
Are you on the list of supported regions when verifying Brave Rewards with a custodial partner (see here for list of supported regions)?
United Kingdom,
Does your device pass the SafteyNet check (Android only)?
Yes. It does.
Have you manually turned off Auto-contribute on all of your devices linked to a custodial partner?
Yes I turned off auto-contribute.

I don’t understand why my brave browser don’t want to connect with my Uphold. I am in the United Kingdom and have verified Uphold account with residency in the United Kingdom. Please help.

Did you choose country as the UK in the choose region prompt in ‘Brave Rewards’.

@Jomask I’m going to ask you 2 questions which might point in the direction of your issue.

1. What region did you choose on your device?

For example, I see you mentioned you’re on Android. You choose your Locale at the same time you choose language. So if yours is English (Germany) then it’s setting English language with your country as Germany.

2. What country did you choose under Rewards?

You would have seen something like below. Which country did you choose?

New Tab - Brave 2_14_2023 19_20_22

Hello and Thank you for a quick response. I see , yes I have chosen different country by mistake, I can see that in Rewards Internal. Ok, how can I change the country for rewards? Of course I don’t want to loose BATs. I assume uninstall and install again Brave browser in the phone will help to change the country for rewards but I wish to save collected BATs.

No, uninstall Will delete the vBAT and you’ll anyway be given a new Rewards profile.

Unfortunately there’s no way to change the country without losing the vBAT. Of course, the bigger issue is you also won’t be able to remove the BAT unless you verify the account, which your Uphold or whatever would have to match the country you’ve chosen. So when you say chose the wrong country, unless you can get a passport or something for that country and use it to verify on Uphold, then you’ll never be able to access it anyway.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.