Brave Rewards: Can't verify on android device due to Error: Location not supported

Briefly describe your issue:
When I try to verify/log in to my Uphold account in order to connect brave rewards on my android device to my wallet, it just shows the error “Location not supported”

What Operating System and Brave version are you using (Menu --> About Brave)?
Android 12
Brave 1.41.100
Chromium: 103.0.5060.134

Is your browser wallet currently verified? (yes/no)
On the android device: No (since this is the issue I have)
On my PC: Yes

Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past?
Yes

Are you using a VPN? (yes/no)
No

Are you in a supported region (see here for list of supported regions)?
Yes, Germany

Does your device pass the SafteyNet check (Android only)?
Yes

Have you manually turned off Auto-contribute on all of your devices linked to Uphold??
Yes

Hi @Joshiimx thanks for sharing!

Please be advised of the following changes to regional restrictions when verifying Brave Rewards with a custodial partner. While your wallet is in an unverified state, you will still be able to earn and claim your rewards as normal. However, the limitation with not having a verified and connected custodian account you will not be able to withdraw your Rewards from the browser.

I hope this answers any questions or concerns you might have.

Hey, check out PSA: Unsupported Region

Just so you know, Germany is already in a weird position because the region is no longer supported by Gemini or Uphold, at least when it comes to creating new accounts. These are the only two places you can link Brave to receive BAT outside of the browser.

Brave had recently removed the ability to link Brave to either Gemini or Uphold for most of the world as they are working on some issues. They are bringing countries back little by little as they meet regulations, increase security, and whatever else is being done. When I did ask about Germany, it was said that:

Germany is more restricted and complicated but we’ll talk to the providers about that.

The challenge there is new Users can’t connect to it. If they put in the effort to have it, this will only be for a small amount of Users who already had existing Uphold accounts. Plus I’m not even sure why Uphold and Gemini no longer support your region. Depending on laws in place, it might not be possible to offer to you anymore.

In other words, Brave is investigating and will offer to Germany again if they can. However, there’s no guarantee and you may not be able to use any exchanges again until things change, such as new exchanges or new laws/policies exist.

To be clear, you can still participate in Rewards and earn BAT. The only issue is you can’t remove it to an exchange. Until Brave adds more features to the browser or is able to allow connections to an exchange for Germany, this means you’re limited to just simply storing/saving BAT or tipping the BAT you earn to Creators.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.