How is it possible that Brave browser does NOT delete history on exit ? This option NEVER works

How is it possible that Brave browser does NOT delete history on exit ? This option NEVER works (PC).
It’s a major reason NOT to use Brave, and it’s a shame.

@jallez,
Can you provide more details about the issue and your setup?? Clearing data on exit seems to work fine for me on both macOS and Windows 10 builds, using the latest Brave version. You’re using this Clear data on exit option ?

1 Like

I have always used that option and it works properly here (Brave 1.18.78, Windows 10).

Thank you for replying. My setup is Windows 7-64, latest Brave version. It never clears data/history on exit, I had to download a Cleaning extension, which makes life more complicated anyway. I was used to Firefox, which works far better as far as this question is concerned, though slower (reason I trytested Brave). TBC.

Thanks for your reply My setup is Windows 7-64, latest Brave version. It never clears data/history on exit, I had to download a Cleaning extension, which makes life more complicated anyway. I was used to Firefox, which works far better as far as this question is concerned, though slower (reason I trytested Brave). TBC.

@jallez,
Can you please tell me the answer to the question I asked in my previous reply?

Can you also tell me if you have any extensions installed at this time?

Hello. Yes, of course, I use the “clear data” option - in vain. As for the extensions, yes, I have a lot of extensions installed (many of them regarding twitter customization, + several various others). As of now, the only solution I found is using CleanGuru’ extension to delete history. But this should normally not be required. Thanks for your time.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.