How do I transfer data from Brave if I format my PC?
Hello there @luck_foxe, if you would like to transfer your browsing data to a different device you can use the Sync function or just want to keep your data after you format your PC, you can export your files.
In order to sync your Brave profile please do the following:
Menu → Brave Sync.
Start a new sync chain.
- Choose your other mobile device (Phone/Tablet) or Computer to begin the Sync chain.
In order to export your browsing data please follow these steps:
- Launch Brave and open the Main menu:
Bookmarks --> Bookmarks Manager
- Open the More options menu at the top right
Exportand choose where you want to store the exported file.
- Locate the exported file and make a copy of it or upload it to a cloud service
- Once you’ve installed Brave again, select
Bookmarks --> Import Bookmarks and Settings
Bookmarks HTML fileand select the file you created.
Let me know if that works.