Hope to restore the "Close Other tabs" and "Reopen closed tab" options

The new version of Nightly Builds (Chromium78 kernel) removes the “Close Other tabs” and “Reopen closed tab” options from the menu of the right-click tab.Hope to restore the “Close Other tabs” and “Reopen closed tab” options.

@shingen,
I know there was some internal discussion about this but I’m not sure exactly where that landed for future releases. For what it’s worth, in the meantime, you can at least use shift + ctrl + t to reopen the last closed tab.

1 Like

Hi, @shingen and @Mattches. These things are mostly still there, at least In Nightly 0.73.2 Chromium: 78.0.3904.50 (Official Build) nightly (64-bit) macOS Version 10.14.6 (Build 18G95) and 0.72.102 Chromium: 78.0.3904.50 (Official Build) Win10 1903 Build 18362.418.

Right click to the right of the new tab + button and you get the “Reopen closed tab”
Right click a tab and it at least offers to “Close tabs to the right”

1 Like

Why were these options even removed in the first place?

1 Like

@xftq,
They were removed from the Chromium back-end – not our decision.

1 Like

Does that mean that Brave is just Chromium and not a unique browser ?

Tecs

No. It means that sometimes things get changed upstream that we’re not aware of until the changes are already pushed. Additionally, I’ve been informed that we’ll be reverting this menu within the next couple of browser updates.

3 Likes

Thank you so much for the good news.

Tecs

1 Like