Home page/ New tab : why do I keep getting a cartoon

Troubleshooting technical issues is much easier when both the user and support agent practice clear communication. For this reason, we have provided the template below for you to fill out with information about your issue. Please provide as much detail as possible so we can most efficiently resolve your problem.

Delete the any text above the line separator below before posting

Description of the issue:

I have set home page and new tab to show an image from my desktop but I often see instead a cartoon or something that looks like a stock photo from some collection I am not aware of
How can this issue be reproduced?
See issue description
1.Settings/Appearance/GetStarted/Onstartup=New Tab page
2.Settings/Appearance/ShowHomeButton=On / NewTabPage=on
3.Settings/Appearance/NewTabPage/Shows=HomePage
4.Customize… upload image/ Uploaded,

Uploaded image is displayed.

Expected result:
Every time I open a new page or a new tab the background is set as the image I’ve uploaded.

Brave Version( check About Brave):
Brave Browser 108.1.46.144

Additional Information:

@stephenboston With no screenshot or anything, it’s hard to say for sure. But I’m going to guess perhaps Sponsored Image, aka New Tab Page (NTP), ads are turned on?

New Tab - Brave 12_28_2022 19_39_42

1 Like

My Settings/NewTabPage doesn’t show that option

@stephenboston Didn’t think to click on Customize the background image and widgets that appear on the new tab page? If you do, it opens up to something like below:

Then scroll down while on the Background thing:

More importantly though, really would help if you had just shared a screenshot of what you’re seeing. That would have let us know if it’s actually NTP/SI ads or something else.

As indicated through point 4 of my original post: I did think of that very thing however I did not scroll to the bottom of the display where the option appears.

Thank you for pointing that out.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.