Google in Brave no longer working on Federal internet

Hello,

There was a recent update, it appears, on Federal computers/networks, that has affected Brave’s functionality. Prior to the update, I could navigate to most sites in the Google suite (e.g., Search, Maps, Calendar, YouTube), but now that is no longer the case–whether I try in my main window or in a private window. These sites all work, however, in the modified version of Chrome that is on Federal computers. Please advise on any workarounds, as I love Brave and want to continue using it at work!

Description of the issue:
There was a recent update, it appears, on Federal computers/networks, that has affected Brave’s functionality. Prior to the update, I could navigate to most sites in the Google suite (e.g., Search, Maps, Calendar, YouTube), but now that is no longer the case–whether I try in my main window or in a private window. These sites all work, however, in the modified version of Chrome that is on Federal computers. Please advise on any workarounds, as I love Brave and want to continue using it at work!

Exact URL of the website in question:
https://www.google.com - and all subdomains

Did the issue present with default Shields settings? (yes/no)
Yes

Does the site function as expected when Shields are turned off?
No

Is there a specific Shields configuration that causes the site to break? If so, tell us that configuration. (yes/no):
No

Does the site work as expected when using Chrome?
Yes

Brave version (check About Brave):
Version 1.7.98 Chromium: 81.0.4044.113 (Official Build) (64-bit)

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.