Google Docs massive malfunction

Description of the issue: Text runs off page and is hidden to the right, cursor remains on the left and can only be moved vertically, pressing enter makes a line break after the first word of a line regardless of cursor position, text selection is impossible except by Ctrl+A which sometimes does not select all, copy does not seem to work, and paste only works by middle-click. These problems seem to occur with any Google Docs tab loaded or reloaded today (2021 Apr. 14).

Exact URL of the website in question: https://docs.google.com/

Does the site function as expected when Shields are turned off? No

Does the site work as expected when using Chrome? Yes

Brave version (check About Brave): Version 1.22.71 Chromium: 89.0.4389.114 (Official Build) (64-bit)

https://support.google.com/docs/thread/106109329

Related, a fix is incoming. give it 24-48hrs.

1 Like

Not just Google Docs. Google Slides is acting strange as well. !

From that thread is the solution: pause the AdBlock extension and reload the tab. Using a different browser also solved the problem, which was why I thought it was a problem with Brave.

Yes, it’s a Brave problem. Pausing Ad-Block doesn’t help with Brave. Everything works fine in Chrome and Safari. Problem only persists with Brave and reinstalling, emptying cache, uninstalling add-ons, etc. doesn’t work for me.

I used Google Sheets this morning (with Brave) and it worked properly.

Yes, in the morning everything worked perfectly fine. Then suddenly (around 11am), with no action of me, while working on them, the slides all words in a text box were shifted/positioned to the left on top of each other. On all of my slides…

Changing shields ads/trackers = standard, aggressive will currently break

I am also replicating this. And suffering.

Correction: Today morning I tried to change the Brave shield setting for blocking trackers and ad-blocking from “aggressive” to “standard” and it solved the text formatting problem.

Seems Google doesn’t want us to block their tracking. Dirty move, really dirty!

Updating Brave Ad Block Updater brave://components/, then refresh the page. @PatrickLauser @Busfull @AidanofVT

2 Likes

Fixed for me! Thanks.

fanboynz post solved it for me as well. I restored brave shield to aggressive and Google Slides and Docs show normally. Thank you! Impressed by Brave!

Very low move of Google. Very low…

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.