Google Docs not workling on Brave

Description of the issue: Google Docs not working on Brave
How can this issue be reproduced?

1.Anything Google workspace related doesn’t load on Brave
2.as far I looked it really isn’t google fault here its on Brave because I try to load it on another browser and it works but on brave it doesn’t

Expected result: I just want it to load my spread sheets :slight_smile:

Brave Version: Version 1.42.86 Chromium: 104.0.5112.81 (Official Build) (64-bit)

**Additional Information: Screenshots of the issue

8 Likes

Hi

Try disabling Brave shield for the workspace page and allowing google cookies.

1 Like

For the record, I use Google Workspaces and Docs, Sheets, etc. on a regular basis with no issues. My first guesses would be either ‘altered’ Shields settings (e.g., custom things added to Adblock), or extensions.

1 Like

I’m having the same issue as OP.
Brave Shield disabled and cookies allowed for every single related page, but still the same.
It was working fine until yesterday.

2 Likes

Having the same issue, even with Brave Shield disabled and cookies allowed. It was working fine until 2 hours ago.

3 Likes

Thanks for reporting. So far I’m unable to reproduce this on my end. @rodekva @vinibarbosa @bejega what OS are you using?

3 Likes

Thank you.
Using macOS here

2 Likes

using Windows 11 here. Thanks.

1 Like

Thanks @bejega, just to confirm does this continue with Shields disabled?

2 Likes

Yes, shields disabled.

2 Likes

i am using Windows 10
also shields are disabled

2 Likes

Same issue here, Google Drive works, but opening any Google Doc or Sheet tab results in the errors shown earlier.

Shields are off.

This only started happening after yesterday’s update to “Version 1.42.86 Chromium: 104.0.5112.81 (Official Build) (64-bit)”

Windows 11 Version 21H2 Build 22000.832

2 Likes

I’m also experiencing the same issue and I’m using Mac OS

2 Likes

Thanks a bunch for the additional info @axw4319 @duhsn @rodekva @bejega. Can you try logging out and back in and see if it persists? Are you unable to open any file with Gdocs or are you encountering this error with a specific file?

1 Like

I tried to clear my cache, cookies, and login/logout and I’m still receiving the error on all docs.google.com domain (google sheets, docs, etc)

Yes, docs and sheets same error. Any file.
Tried to log out of my two accounts and the error persist.

1 Like

yes i tried logging out from all accounts and even cleared my browser data but the problem still persists and its with any file on Gdocs

1 Like

@rodekva @bejega @amskhan thank you. Do you have any Google docs extensions enabled?

1 Like

No Google Docs extensions.

1 Like

no i dont have any Google Docs Extensions also

1 Like