GMail functions stop working until page refreshed

Never receive an answer to this issue, and it is still happening.

Description of the issue:
The GMail Format line for example, stops responding. Adding a new TO/CC/BCC/ shows the possible contact list members, but when you press enter, it just puts in the letters you’ve typed, not the whole address.
Additionally, the Archive, Delete icons don’t work any more. You have to Refresh to get their functionality back.
When you Press F5, the functionality returns, but it’s annoying to have to do this regularly.

Exact URL of the website in question:
Primarily mail.google.com but other sites, as well.

Did the issue present with default Shields
settings
? (yes/no)

yes

Does the site function as expected when Shields are turned off?
No, same issues persist:

**Is there a specific Shields configuration that causes the site to break? If so, tell us that configuration. no, it fails with shields on and off

Does the site work as expected when using Chrome?
Yes. I frequently go to Firefox or Chrome when it gets too troublesome.

Brave version (check About Brave):
Version 1.38.117 Chromium: 101.0.4951.67 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Similar to topic Gmail issues (stops refreshing after a while) Win 10

1 Like

Hello there @johnldove3 please accept my apologies for this issue. Could you please try opening your main profile in private or guest mode to see if Gmail works properly? If it does, try disabling your extensions to see if this is the cause of the issue.

You can open a Guest Window by going to Main menu --> Open Guest window:

1. On your computer, open Brave.
  2. At the top right, click Menu → More tools → Extensions.
  3. On to the extension you want to remove, click Remove.
  4. Confirm by clicking Remove.

Let me know if that works.
Regards.

Thank you Kevin. Initial results indicates it might be an extension. Let me work on it and I’ll let you know.
Blessings,
John

1 Like

Hi again John, glad to read that. Please let me know if you were able to solve the issue of it persist.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.