Give android extensions copy kiwi browser

Are you about to suggest we add something or alter something to Brave? Don’t just tell us what you want - a lot of people want a lot of things. Instead, state your requested feature and state your case for why it should be seriously considered. You’re much more likely to get feedback from the team this way.
Please delete the text above the line before posting

My entire thing is GIVE US THE DANG EXTENSIONS

GO TO GITHUB

TYPE KIWIBROWSER

AND LOOK AT THEIR CODE (THE ARE BASED ON AN OLDER CHROMIUM BUT TO CROSS INTEGRATE WONT BE DIFFICULT FOR YOU GUYS, (50% OF CODING IN 2024 IS GITHUB COPY AND PAST AND STACKS OVERFLOW, HAVING CHAT GPT WRITE THE CODE AND GOING THOUGH TO CORRECT A FEW MISTAKES…

THE ONLY REAL DIFFICULT THING TO DO IS ADD IT TO THE CURRENT UI, THAT SAID REMOVE THE BRAVE NATIVE CRYPTO BAT’S ARE NEXT TO WORTHLESS ITS LITERALLY A DEAD CRYPTO AND MOST PPL ARE HER TO COMPLETELY BLOCK ADS NOT REPLACE THEM,

DO THE BRAVE THING AND WALK AWAY FROM THAT DOWNING PART OF THE BROWSER.

I GOT HALF THE MIND TO DOWNLOAD A CODING AI ASSISTANT AND MAKE THIS HAPPEN MYSELF BRAVE HAS GREAT AD BLOCKING AND THAT PRETTY MUCH THE ONLY THING PPL GIVE A SHID ABOUT (BRAVE SEARCH IS GOOD TOO GOOGLE IS CENSORING A BIT TOO MUCH FROM COMPANY POLICY AND PERSONAL ETHICS(THEY ARE BORING AND TANKING THEIR BEST ASSETS)

@GiveAndroidextension First, I want to point out that writing in all capital letters comes across as yelling or screaming, and many people might choose to skip over your post because of it—just like you probably wouldn’t appreciate someone getting in your face and shouting demands. It’s best to avoid doing this.

Regarding your request, here’s a quote from someone at Brave a while back:

Google made changes to Chromium that don’t allow extensions on mobile. Creating something to work around that would be a lot of effort.

Kiwi browser managed it by using an older version of Chromium, but that brings potential security issues. Brave, being focused on privacy and security, doesn’t want to take that route.

For a privacy-focused browser like Brave, implementing extensions on mobile likely won’t happen. Instead, Brave integrates highly requested features directly into the browser itself, which is why we have things like Playlist, Shields, Leo, VPN/Firewall, etc.

It’s also worth noting that Brave is a smaller company with limited resources, so adding new features takes time and careful consideration.

I HAVE DYSLEXIA AND CAPITAL LETTERS (AND MONO BLOCK FONT) HELPS ME SORRY IF IT SEEMS LIKE IM YELLING ALSO IDK BUT THE LETTERS LOOK MORE CLEAN THIS WAY. :sweat_smile: But yeah that’s why

2 Likes

Chromium may have discontinued it for mobile but that’s where brave needs to innovate … they already have them on desktop, and with all due respect brave falls in-between chime and Firefox (I’ve seen the left overs in the .src and even on the top layers of the app like the useragent is Mozilla … On a chromium platform with ideas and other features take from other places, heck even Adguard is integrated within, if chromium wouldn’t support extensions take the compatibility from Firefox and rename the assets

My feature request is that you make extensions work on Android , is that clear enough . Giving excuses instead of listening to the user base since 2021 will not help brave if effort and time was given in to this feature brave would surpass chrome and firefox in literally every way, the fact of the matter is its possible (Firefox does it , chrome used to do it ) brave is better on privacy (aside fome the useless bat feature (keep the crypto wallet im sure ppl use it but the native bat for looking at ads thing 1. Doesn’t make sense on an ad locking browser, 2 the value of the bat is net to worthless (a year of saving for 8 American quarters… Not worth …) now if you prove you are the most private and versatile browser on Android then you really have become king, as it is chime is on a downward spiral especially with manifest 3 on the way (noone wants to be farmed for data or have their entire screen covered when reading an article, ) as it is I will probably leave this all for now and hope you guys expand the android team put 4 people on extension approval and maybe 2 guys to code it up. I quote for you

“TONY STARK BUILT HIS … IN A CAVE … WITH A BOX OF SCRAPS”, ironman 2007

Be like tony (Firefox, Vivaldi, old chrome, )

Here is a CURRENT list(September 12th 2024) of android internet browsers with extensions and or “add-on’s”

1. Kiwi Browser**(old but they made it work)

• Based on Chromium and supports most desktop Chrome extensions.
  2. Yandex Browser

• Also based on Chromium and has support for various Chrome extensions through the Chrome Web Store. (Not a great example of privacy but they still have MODERN chrome extensions)
  3. Firefox for Android

• Supports a range of add-ons, though not as many as its desktop counterpart. Mozilla has curated a selection specifically for mobile. (The close rival to brave with nearly the same security and if you know the “about:config” configurations and spend an entire day all of the tracking can be stable
  4. Dolphin Browser

• Features a dedicated add-on store with a variety of browser extensions tailored for the mobile version.
  5. Samsung Internet Browser

• Has an in-browser extension store with popular add-ons like ad-blockers and privacy tools.
  6. Microsoft Edge for Android

• Recently introduced support for limited browser extensions on mobile.

These are just the main Android browsers there are like 6 more , and even some GitHub abominations that aren’t fully out of development have them.

To be dismissive and say it can’t be done for 3 nearly 4 years isn’t even trying. TRY, succeed , dominate chime and firefox

1 Like

I could not read caps, but i am 100% sure Brave do well without any Extensions. Well, maybe 2 issues could be built-in, rather than going command line option.

1. Make --user-agent= built into UI
  2. Make --proxy-pac-url= built into UI

Wtf are you talking about who tf is Andrew

My comment isn’t about this post. It’s about my last post, that the support guy very poorly and wrongly commented.
Seems like it’s triggering you too lol…
You delusional inner thighs clenched up lil f4g need to calm yourself lol

The only comments kept are thise towing the company line, go figure, simple matter is that the modderation is distracted by big letter instead of the request

I will state it clearly in small letter of the lil guy

If brave has extensions on desktop and isnt a security risk

And

It is proven possible to add extensions to chromium and other mobile browsers with out big security risks

And

Those browsers update on a regular basis and patch security more often than they update ui/other functions

Then there is 0 excuse that brave can use

Users want extension its asked for daily thousand upon thousands want extension support

Give us the extension and quit making weak poor excuses though your unintelligible support staff

Outline in other posts a fraction of the browsers that use extensions and port them to android browsers

I enjoy the customizable security but i also want options to lessen my security for comfort

Another user mentioned using multiple browsers
That completely defeats the purpose of security if all of them are not configured the same, instead of essentially forcing users to use another browser for comfort a company this size will have 0 issues putting a dev or 2. On extension support especially when they have it for desktop,

Other users arguments AGAINST my request for extension need to be deleted and moderated as. My request is FOR extension support and they should therefor. Make a request of their own asking to gatekeep or remove features. (Even though they are outnumbered 10 to 1. So im asking the support staff 1 properly modderate unbiasedly and 2 to give my request to whomever it maybe, instead of bring up an argument or excuse or irrelevant chatter .

Thank you for reading

1 Like

Agree with all of your points bar the multiple broswers, which i mentioned earlier
Due only to the reason why.
Even though Brave can have a Container extension added opening say two or three different emails or separate social media profiles is sometimes easier in separate browsers, especially on cell.

But more so, each and every browser brand fails on one reason or another, be it navigation, populating, ease of use, settings option’s.

And… can anyone answer, why is the Brave password manager in the cell browser version menu but no where in web browser version unless a searched for?

Do well with no extensions?
First extension applied to all four PC & Linux browser types i use, each for particular reasons, is New Tab.

Apart from DuckDuckGo, i force new tabs to open a Qwant search page and apply the Qwant VIPrivacy ext.
Container extension is super handy.
Adblock Ultimate extension them all.