Extension support

Please add chrome extension support like the Kiwi browser.Brave has alot of potential to become the perfect android browser I just need Ublock origin and Dark reader that will take brave to the next level.

second this, some websites are broken on kiwi but run MUCH better on mobile brave browser. One example is twitter where videos don’t load anymore on kiwi but load fine on brave browser. With the addition of extensions i can use a promoblock on twitter and have a MUCH better experience using brave

I agree that extension support would be useful, but don’t forget that Kiwi got banned from the Play Store for violating its ToS. Afterwards, the developer managed to be re-accepted. Honestly, I don’t think Brave would like to face this kind of unpleasant situation.

I just need Ublock origin

uBO is redundant because Brave Shields is based on it; the difference in the number of blocked hosts is minimal.

4 Likes

This is because Brave allows the user to report broken websites and has a development team that takes care of that, while Kiwi is basically an amateur project with only one (good) developer who must do everything.

2 Likes

try go brave://adblock

5 Likes

I agree. For what its worth, looks like firefox android also supports some extensions

Very confused here – Brave supports nearly all extensions that run on Chromium already.

3 Likes

Extensions on Android, Mat.

5 Likes

Whoops – thats my bad. Was reading too fast and skipped over the Android portion of the request. Thanks @Rethanis.

5 Likes

Very inappropriate example. It can happen to absolutely everyone to misread something, we’re humans not robots.

You can read Brave developers’ statement regarding Android extensions in the Github ticket I linked. It’s not that they don’t want to provide support for extensions, they want to do it in the best possible way which is currently not possible without changes in Chromium upstream.

2 Likes

I’m hoping extension support gets added for Android as well.

3 Likes

This is the sole reason I’m not using Brave as my daily browser, without extension support I’m missing things like Bypass Paywalls, Video Downloader, Unpaywall, Noscript, Awesome Screenshot.

Firefox Nightly, Kiwi and Yandex Browser do offer this functionality.

8 Likes

I made an account just to second this. Every few months I Google “Brave android extensions” and every few months, I’m disappointed. Brave is great in a lot of ways, but there’s really no contest between a browser with extensions and one without. Yandex and Kiwi make it work, there’s no reason brave can’t.

3 Likes

Also signed up for an account only to give more weight to this important request.

4 Likes

+1 from someone who also just created an account here to voice my support for this.

I recently made the transition from Hardened Firefox to Brave on my desktop and also did so on mobile, but I’m now realizing Brave Android doesn’t have extension support. It would be great if this was the case. Likely I may go back to Firefox on Android.

1 Like

+1!!! I created an account just to support this feature request.

Brave desktop is great… Brave Android without extensions is a no go for me. Switching back to firefox w/ extensions.

2 Likes

@sok , @Maxx_Effect , @marinara , @sriram , @Serg

Despite “the literature,” the Brave Browser Android Extensions campaign is at a standstill, over at GitHub.

Brave developers’ comments, where they Close issues that are posts later than #4493 . . . and the developers, at the same time, redirect to #4493 . . . continue to FAIL to notice that #4493 is, itself, CLOSED.

–

Hey, I don’t undetstand why we are in jail when we use mobile Brave…?
If I remember well, a long time ago, it was possible ?
Sadly, this browser is replaced in my Android by another one everyday…
Please take care about this

2 Likes

i fully agree, i also use the kiwi browser on my phone due to brave not supporting extensions. Ublock origin is a must along side i don’t care about cookies.
These extensions are a must have to avoid the little annoyances when using a phone browser.
You have my vote on this. :+1:

1 Like

With the discontinuation of Youtube Vanced, it is more obvious we need to have extension support. I need the SponsorBlock and ReturnYoutubeDislikes implementations. I refuse to use the official YouTube app.