Gemini Card missing on Homescreen

Description of the issue:
Gemini Card missing on Homescreen, Binance, FTX and Crypto.com, and Brave Rewards Cards available

Exact URL of the website in question:
Brave Homescreen > Edit Cards > Pop-up

Did the issue present with default Shields settings? (yes/no)
No

Does the site function as expected when Shields are turned off?
No

Is there a specific Shields configuration that causes the site to break? If so, tell us that configuration. (yes/no):
No

Does the site work as expected when using Chrome?
N/A

Brave version (check About Brave):

@alpacahino Let me verify here. Are you saying you click on "Edit Cards" where you see "Customize Dashboard" pop up? Then click on Cards and scroll down the list but Gemini doesn’t appear?

Asking as you should be able to follow those steps and see Gemini listed. Then you’d just hit Add and it will put it on the screen.

I also want to make sure you realize, if you have multiple cards selected, they will stack on top of each other. So it can appear like it’s not there but it is, you just have to click through them.

Yes, thanks for the clarification @Saoiray . This is what I see on my screen:

1/3

2/3

3/3

Understood :grinning:

@alpacahino Ooh, I wonder if I might have figure it out. What region are you in? Guess main reason I’m asking if I’m referring to another post from a little while back. Main takeaway is I’m wondering if there’s a limitation on Gemini in your area and so it’s not listed?

Thanks, yes - that’s possible if dev’s somehow grouped it under Asia-Pacific. I’m based out of Hong Kong.

Not sure what the reason is though - Gemini is available here (the full range of services), and I have no trouble logging in, and connecting Brave Rewards, and verifying my wallet via Brave.

Appreciate the link :pray: @Saoiray

Would be interesting if that’s the case, that’s for sure. Of course, understanding that they remove the card if it’s not available, I guess I’d also say that means if you’re using a VPN and/or have your computer Locale/Region set to some place where it’s not available, that would play a role too.

For now nothing but guessing. At least had wanted to show you that just in case. Now we wait and hope @Mattches can give better insight when he comes on tomorrow. (well, later today I guess since after midnight in the USA, lol)

Yep, good point, not behind a VPN or another region.

Yes, will wait. I’m sure dev’s are packed. Thanks again @Saoiray :sunglasses:

Looking into this — not sure why this would be the case if you’re able to use/visit the Gemini website. Will reply back here when i have more information. Thank you for your patience.

@alpacahino,
Did you install the browser in the same region that you’re using it? And/or were you using a VPN at the time of installation?

Cool, thanks @Mattches

Yes.

No, but I do have VPN software installed - but was not using it at the time of the installation.

@alpacahino,
Thank you for confirming.
So at this time the widget is actually only supported in the regions listed here (even if the site is not restricted in these regions):

Great, it’s clear now.

Thank you @Mattches and @Saoiray for your help! Have a nice day :slight_smile:

#geminicardregion

2 Likes