Gboard Incognito mode in private browsing

Many users use GBoard as their default keyboard. Gboard provides an Incognito mode. It would be great if while in the private browsing mode if Brave can activate the incognito mode of GBoard versus using the default mode.

This would greatly enhance the privacy while using the private mode.

2 Likes

An app can’t normally (and shouldn’t be able to!) change the settings of another app, so this sounds like a non-starter.

Here is it not about changing the application. Gboard already has the capability of Incognito mode within it. Google Chrome uses this feature when one is browsing in Incognito mode, the keyboard also switches to the Incognito mode.

This is the same feature that I am talking about. I haven’t researched it yet, but I presume it might be a flag getting passed to GBoard to indicate that the mode to enable is Incognito.

I checked out the system flag for this, and have opened an issue. https://github.com/brave/browser-android-tabs/issues/1172

1 Like

Thanks a lot for the update.

Thank you a lot, it’s very useful for me! I understand now why I used to face problems with the Gboard in the incognito mode. I have had Samsung Galaxy A71 then. Unfortunately, Gboard is a software which is prone to many bugs, and it can suddenly stop working properly without any signs. There were several ways to make Gboard works again, but I have found the toughest one. I decided to uninstall updates. At first, I thought it will ruin the working process of this app. But after visiting the site my friend suggested, I found out that it won’t revert to the factory version. In addition, there were five solutions to fix the Gboard error, and I know what to do if it repeats suddenly.