Following crash, BRAVE fails to display previously-open windows on 'restore'

A familiar issue reported previously:

BRAVE (DEV) reports that it has ‘unexpectedly crashed.’

I reply affirmatively to the prompt to ‘reopen.’

BRAVE reopens but displays only a few of the windows that had been open prior to the crash (in the WINDOW dropdown menu).

The windows are still ‘there’ but without the tab manager I use (TABLI), which does show them, I’m not sure how I’d be able to ‘see’ and then re-open those windows in BRAVE.

Has any attention been directed to troubleshooting this issue?

Thanks.

Hi @mk7z,

Has this happened more than once? If so, did it ever happen before TABL was installed?

1 Like

Thanks. Yes, it’s happened many times before (always following a crash). I’ve reported it in the past. And I’m pretty sure it happened well before I started using TABLI.

I have no reason to think that TABLI is the reason why the Window menu doesn’t display the previously-open windows (typically, only around a third of the window titles – e.g., 10 of 30 windows – will display in the Window dropdown).

If I knew when a crash was imminent I could disable TABLI to test this. But BRAVE crashes aren’t frequent and I can’t use a browser efficiently without a tab manager so I don’t think there’s a way to do that.

Is native tab management being considered for BRAVE? (That would be great.)

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.