Feature Request: Implementation of Browser Screen Recording Protection

Dear Development Team,

I’m reaching out to request the implementation of a feature that enhances user security and privacy by preventing screen recording of the browser window. This feature is crucial for several reasons:

1. Privacy Protection: Users are increasingly concerned about their online activities being recorded without their consent. Preventing screen recording during browser activity ensures that sensitive information remains private.

2. Security Enhancement: Screen recording of the browser window poses a significant security risk, especially when users access sensitive data like online banking information or passwords. By preventing screen recording, users are protected from unauthorized access to such data.

3. User Control: It’s essential to provide users with the ability to quickly toggle this feature on and off. This enables users to easily show content over platforms like Discord or record their browsing sessions using software like OBS when needed.

Additionally, it’s worth noting that KeepassXC, a widely used password manager, already incorporates such anti-screen recording features. Integrating similar functionality into Brave would not only enhance its security but also make it more competitive in the market.

For optimal user experience, the anti-screen recording feature could be activated by default when the browser is opened. Alternatively, users could be prompted to enable this feature upon the first time browser startup, giving them the choice to activate it according to their preferences.

I believe that implementing screen recording protection in the browser is a crucial step towards ensuring user privacy and security. Thank you for considering this feature request, and I look forward to seeing it implemented in future versions of Brave.

Sincerely,
TECBURST