Description of the issue:
When Brave follows the system theme on Android, UI changes colour as expected, however, the contents of the web page do not.
There is an experimental dark mode feature that will turn the web page contents black, but it needs to be switched manually every time.
So if its on, and the System theme is light, the web page contents will stay dark until you manually switch it off.
Other Chromium-based Browsers (for example Bromite) have implemented the correct function of the above years ago.
How can this issue be reproduced?
- Make Brave follow system theme.
- Wait for system to switch to dark theme.
- Brave UI elements will turn dark, but web page contents will not.
- Manually turn on the experimental function to turn web contents to dark mode (If this feature was implemented properly, this would happen automatically with step 3).
- Wait for system to turn on light theme.
- Brave UI elements will turn light, but web page contents will not (if the experimental feature was implemented properly, they should).
For the web contents to turn dark/light automatically as well as the ui when following system theme.
Brave Version( check
Mobile Device details
Pixel 7 Pro