Extension support

Agree, everyone finds a use in extensions, but unfortunately does not have the possibility to use them with the mobile version.
That’s why I’m back to Firefox Nightly to use my set of extensions… And will be back to Brave mobile when it will be possible.

3 Likes

Also making an account to request this. Especially now that Brave has just implemented blocking of Google Amp pages I’d really like to be using it exclusively. Clearly Brave has an interest in its mobile product so I have no idea why this is still unimplemented. I figured kiwi would be a temporary workaround, but I’ve been using it a while now and brave still doesn’t have extension support for mobile for inexplicable reasons.

1 Like

It’s been 1 year since the first post. I think it’s necessary now

2 Likes

Yep! It’s necessary from the first day :zipper_mouth_face:
But now, it’s vital :astonished:

+1 here, need “I don’t care about cookies” - very annoying thing but brave shield blocks all, even when accepted so very much better experience :slight_smile:

I just actually want everyone in this topic to know that I recently brought this up on the Community Call with Luke Mulks, Jimmy Secretan, and others from Brave. You can listen in at https://youtu.be/rMdYdpIvVHI?t=3047

Otherwise, quick paraphrase (basically what he said, just not word for word):

This has come up in the past and the overhead has been a barrier. We also have asked if we should do an extension store or if we should have more of a forward-thinking dapp experience. We don’t have any immediate plans for an extension store at this time.

1 Like

Well that sucks, it mostly sounds like a no in general. Sounds more of a pain to actually impliment it, and thats understandable. Ill just stick with firefox nightly, it is a shame since I like brave more.

Just go to Chrome Webstore, and download an extension.

Brave went from Muon to Chromium, ages ago.

@KetaKongen Man, you are missing the “android” part…

3 Likes

Hi can you add the ability to use extensions on mobile, previously I used edge and they had mobile extensions and when I switched to brave I noticed there was no extensions on mobile and I was wondering if you can add them in a future version.

7 Likes

+1
I am interested in this important feature too, just like many more people.
I’m sure if Brave added extension support on Android, it would get plenty of mobile users!

5 Likes

+1
This would also cause firefox users to switch to Brave!

2 Likes

I would be interested in this as well, it’s the only advantage Firefox still has over Brave and it’s the one thing preventing me from using Brave on mobile entirely at the moment–I will for basic browsing but I frequently switch back to Firefox.

3 Likes

+1
I’m also interested in this feature it’s a must… needed one because downloading big files via ADM will become more easy for me👍

1 Like

+1
I would be very interested in this feature for using the translate option, CleanURLs, DecentraLeyes, etc

1 Like

I think it’ll be an infierno of security issues since Brave is based on Chromium, meanwhile FF has an render engine of its own, so hardly a target… It’s just my guess since I do not have need for extensions for Android (yet).

It will be useful if you mention what addons you are looking for. For example in Firefox i use, ulock origin, HTTPS Everywhere, Privacy Badger, video background play and dark reader. All these are built in Brave. So I don’t miss anything. But I miss the usability for example pinned top sites. But on seeing the reply many people are looking for add-on support. If they also mention what types of add-on they are looking for then it will give little more information to Brave team. Thanks.

2 Likes

I just want support for chrome web store extensions

1 Like

True, Never thought about that part