Troubleshooting technical issues is much easier when both the user and support agent practice clear communication. For this reason, we have provided the template below for you to fill out with information about your issue. Please provide as much detail as possible so we can most efficiently resolve your problem.
Delete the any text above the line separator below before posting
Description of the issue:
When opening an extension that’s using a service worker (Manifest V3) and that service worker is currently inactive, the menu takes a couple of seconds to open (noticeable).
How can this issue be reproduced?
- Clone the repo or install the extension in question:
- if cloned, load the extension unpacked.
- click the extesion icon (options menu will load), and click save without changing any option.
- click the extension icon and see that it loads quickly (because the service worker is still running)
- wait a few seconds for the service worker to become inactive.
- click the extension menu and see it’s slow to open.
Menu should open fast no matter what.
Brave Version( check
Cannot reproduce this issue on any other browser. Tried Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Edge.