Extension or way to block YouTube shorts using Brave on iPad?

Desperately need to block YouTube Shorts on iPad to prevent my toddler from watching mind-numbing adult reels. Was successful at removing YT Shorts on my own Macbook by using the “Hide YouTube Shorts Chrome Extension,” but nothing seems to work on the iPad. I use Brave on the Macbook and iPad. I couldn’t replicate that success on the iPad with Brave. It may be because I already have some settings in place to keep my toddler from deleting, buying, etc.

The alternative to removing YT Shorts is to login to my toddler’s new YouTube Kids account, which I hope won’t have Shorts, but I’m unable to. YouTube Kids keeps looping and telling me to ‘get started’ and choose settings/content level when I already chose all of that and just want to access the content area. I think it might be incompatibility with Brave for their Kids-specific area. I tried contacting them with a help request, but it was yesterday (Sunday) and I haven’t heard anything.

I also turned the iPad completely on/off in hopes it might suddenly show me YT Shorts had, in fact, been removed after all of my hours of attempts on Sunday. Nope. Still there. We use YouTube for 4 learning channels with great toddler content, but I desperately need to block my toddler’s constant diversion to the adult content.

We’re working on blocking YT Shorts, no ETA just yet