Error downloading to SD Card

Description of the issue:

When you download content to your external SD card, Android will report an error although the file does get saved to the SD card as expected.

How can this issue be reproduced?

1.Download any content to your SD card
2.Check for error in notifications
3.File is downloaded despite error telling otherwise

Expected result:
File downloaded successfully message

Brave Version( check About Brave):

Mobile Device details
Galaxy tab s7+
Galaxy s10+
Android 11

1 Like

interesting… i have had similar situations on desktop… the file shows on the drive and looks legit but i get an error when trying to open. did you check to see if the .mp3 file completely downloaded and plays without issue?

1 Like

The same thing had happened to me, but on Chrome. I don’t know what’s the problem. I think its not just on Brave.

Tested again to make sure today and the file can be opened just fine, no error. Just the notification bar that reports a download error for some reason…

I suspect this has to do with Android 11 and how it handles permissions on SD cards.

Android has started to restrict access to the SD card data folder (in /SD Card/Android/data) recently. Although I’m not downloading to this folder it may be somewhat related…

Correct, I think this has to do with the latest Android release. As mentionned above…

"I suspect this has to do with Android 11 and how it handles permissions on SD cards.

Android has started to restrict access to the SD card data folder (in /SD Card/Android/data) recently. Although I’m not downloading to this folder it may be somewhat related…"

Not a big issue but just annoying, hope this can be looked into!

1 Like

Its the same with my smartphone.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.