Error: Country mismatch in Brave but integration shows OK in Uphold

Briefly describe your issue:
pops up a window indicating Error: Country mismatch, however I can observe in my uphold account that the verification was OK and my wallet is connected and I have received an email from Uphold confirming that I have authorized Brave Account to connect with my Uphold account.

What Operating System and Brave version are you using (Menu --> About Brave)?
I am using macOS Monterey 12.6.2 with Brave version 1.47.171 Chromium: 109.0.5414.87 (Official Build) (x86_64)

Is your browser wallet currently verified? (yes/no)
yes

What date did you verify your wallet?
Verified on 05/13/2022

Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past?
Yes, I have able to successfully receive payments since May 13, 2022

Are you using a VPN? (yes/no)
No

Are you eligible for Brave Rewards (see here for list of supported regions)?
Yes, I live in Poland and

Are you on the list of supported regions when verifying Brave Rewards with a custodial partner (see here for list of supported regions)?
Yes

Does your device pass the SafteyNet check (Android only)?

Have you manually turned off Auto-contribute on all of your devices linked to a custodial partner?
I am using Brave only in 1 notebook

You say you live in Poland - did you use Polish ID to verify with Uphold and when asked to choose your country with Brave, did you select Poland? They need to match.

Just a FYI. There are two levels of connection. The first is front end, which is in your browser. This automatically disconnects after 90-120 days, give or take. When this happens, all it does is prevents you from accessing your Uphold balance from your browser. In other words, it prevents you from seeing how much balance is in Uphold and also stops you from tipping until you sign in again. This was done to kind of help reduce issues from people who might have lost their devices, so money didn’t keep getting drained from them or anything of the sort.

The second is on the back end. As long as you didn’t manually Disconnect from Uphold, then it (usually) would still maintain the connection unless/until you try to connect to Gemini or another Uphold account. It will remember your last connection and often continue making payments to it.

What is happening here is that you likely are trying to connect for the first time since Brave added the Select Your Country list. This happened in the last few months. As you try to connect, it now will check which country you chose and the ID you used for your verification.

So let’s make up a situation to give an example. We’ll say your address on Uphold might be for Poland, you chose Poland for your country, but you used a Hungarian passport when you verified with Uphold. When you’re going to sign in on the browser, the API is telling Brave you’re from Hungary but you chose Poland. This will then create the Country Mismatch error you’re seeing.

Can you confirm what passport or other photo ID you used to verify with on Uphold? Was it for a country other than Poland?

1 Like

thanks! and as you mentioned, the Brave rewards country needs to match with the ID provided to Uphold during the verification, since I used my Spanish ID for verification in Uphold I just reset Brave Rewards and then select Spain and then connect my verified Uphold wallet without any issues. Thanks again :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.