Country mismatch error

Hi, I tried to verify my Brave Nightly wallet with Uphold but it shows me this error.

I read the article attached to the message, however I don’t remember having selected any country option before… can you help me? @steeven @Mattches

What Operating System and Brave version are you using (Menu --> About Brave)?

Android 11; Build/RP1A.200720.011
Brave - Nightly 1.48.17, Chromium 108.0.5359.71

Is your browser wallet currently verified? (yes/no)

No.

What date did you verify your wallet?

Tried to verify my wallet yesterday: 11/30/2022.

Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past?

Yes.

Are you using a VPN? (yes/no)

Yes, sometimes.

Are you eligible for Brave Rewards (see here for list of supported regions)?

Yes.

Are you on the list of supported regions when verifying Brave Rewards with a custodial partner (see here for list of supported regions)?

Yes.

Does your device pass the SafteyNet check (Android only)?

Yes.

Have you manually turned off Auto-contribute on all of your devices linked to a custodial partner?

Yes.

1 Like

Hello,

Would you mind submitting your issue here? https://support.brave.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=1900000382047

Thanks!

1 Like

Can you check brave://rewards-internals? It should tell you which country your Rewards is set to. Also, your Rewards profile creation date.

1 Like

Like I said, I don’t remember selecting the US option. Is there any way to change this? I don’t want to lose the rewards I’ve earned up to now.

1 Like
  1. In a PM, can you send your brave://rewards-internals (full)?
  2. In the PM, can you share which country your Uphold account is from?

The Rewards country you see there can only be set locally (by the user) so that’s interesting.

2 Likes

@chriscat I sent you a PM.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.