Edmodo.com doesn't open/load unless cookies are allowed in Shields

Description of the issue
I’m an Instructor and use a learning management system called Edmodo. It is web based at edmodo.com. I started using Brave in an attempt to switch away from Chrome. This site might be a deal breaker.

Exact URL of the website in question
https://new.edmodo.com/home

Did the issue present with default Shields settings? [Default states are: Block: Ads/Trackers, 3rd Party Cookies, 3rd Party Fingerprinting Allow: Encrypt Connections enabled (HTTPS), Scripts] (yes/no)
yes

Does the site function as expected when Shields are turned off? (yes/no)
yes

Is there a specific Shields configuration that causes the site to break? If so, tell us that configuration. (yes/no)
If cookies are allowed it works regardless of the other shields.

Does the site function as expected when using Chrome? (yes/no)
yes

What Operating System and Brave version/Build are you using when you encounter the issue?(See the About Brave page in the main menu)
macOS Mojave Version 10.14.3 (18D109)
Version 0.62.51 Chromium: 73.0.3683.103 (Official Build) (64-bit)

So just to make sure I have understood you correctly: Have you blocked all cookies or only third-party cookies?

Just an idea: There might be websites that does not display content unless you enable cookies. That is of course a function of the website and not necessarily a problem with Brave.

You’ll find there are many more websites that do not function correctly (some don’t display anything at all) unless you enable at least first-party cookies.
There’s nothing Brave can do about this. However, they’ve finally implemented “Clear on exit” in Brave Dev, which will hit main release soon, so the cookies will be cleared as soon as you close your browser.

Note to Brave team: please let us define exceptions for “clear on exit”. I want all cookies and site permissions cleared except for the 5 sites I regularly use that require certain cookies & settings.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.