Download files doesn't work suddenly

Since using Brave, downloading files (mostly PDF) worked perfectly.
But since yesterday I’m not able to download anything. Now, I download files from Google Chrome but still prefer to do it from Brave.
I deleted all previous downloads and went to settings -> advanced -> downloads to check on any issues. I couldn’t track any abnormality.

Kindly advice in this matter.

Thank you

I have also experienced this bug - downloads stopped working last week for no reason. I have not added any extensions nor changed settings to make it happen.

When I try to download a file, any file, it just doesn’t work. PDFs don’t work, neither do ZIP, DOC, or anything. Google Drive, Gmail, my personal webserver, nothing works.

I tested on my webserver and the request is sent to the server. So requests are sent, it’s a matter of the browser correctly handling the received file.

I tried changing the setting to add a prompt to ask for a folder, that doesn’t work. I’ve tried clearing the cache, restarting, changing a variety of settings, but nothing works.

It’s a showstopper issue, unfortunately. Love the browser but it will be uninstalled in the next couple of days if this isn’t fixed. Browsers have to be able to download files!

I am also concerned that it changes without reason or notice or warning. Did Brave update on its own without prompting me?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.