Download Bar - Kindly REMOVE it. Thanks!

Please get rid of the download bar. I don’t like it. Your forums contain many references from many others who also do not like it. It’s a highly annoying impediment, requiring users to click it off each and every time they make a download – as if they weren’t already supremely aware of what they just downloaded!

Please: Get rid of it.

At the very least, provide a settings option entitled, “Show download bar” and allow ALL users who are just as annoyed by it’s intrusive nature as I am to toggle it off for good.

Thank you!

+1
Many times many users have requested to change the download bar and make it like (Firefox or Edge) or just remove it but no response from Devs.

5 Likes

Yup They don’t seem responsive and If at all they can’t change the location of download bar they can just make it hidden.
And whenever a download is initiated we would get a popup, arrow or something like that to show that downloading has begin.

3 Likes

I completely agree. Both Brave and Vivaldi are based on Chromium. Vivaldi provides a quick pop-up instead of that accursed bar just like Google Chrome. There should be no reason Brave cannot make a change whether it’s a pop-up or something else. That accursed bar is truly terrible and about the only thing I dislike about Brave’s desktop version which I think is overall now the best browser available.

4 Likes

I agree,
They can and will make it but for now just give an option to remove download bar and instead show a notification that downloading has begin because that download bar is of no use every time it pops up takes space and I have to immediately close it and if you are downloading multiple items then it becomes even worse.
So Brave Devs start working on changing the download bar and for now just give an option to completely make it hidden.

2 Likes

I’d love this feature too.

3 Likes

Argh, still waiting for this redesign for downloads. The main reason I still prefer Edge (I have to download a lot), besides the really ugly settings pages design which at leas I don’t have to look at much, luckily.

1 Like

The feature you are requesting is already in development testing by Brave Dev’s , although I don’t know if it is exactly how you are asking for it.

But it is (to my mind) exactly like the one in Edge, as I have seen it work as it does in Edge, as my brother uses the Browser.

The Flag Download Bubble is already available in the Brave Browser .
If you want a better experience I recommend activating both Flags

Here as seen in the usual usage

In my opinion this Flag is now fully accomplished, and should be available for Users to use.

3 Likes

Thx, I hope they make that enabled as the default setting.

2 Likes

I am also looking forward to it, since I stopped using Brave Browser, to switch to Brave Nightly, which is the one that is updated daily, so far Nightly seems to me a little better, although its negative point would be the high consumption of resources.

As the RAM, and, that the videos consume more CPU/Processor.

Honestly they are adding good content to the Browser like Flag Playlist, and Vertical Tabs, Desktop Screenshot, Tab Suspender; which are practically already done, I really hope they will be added soon as Default.

1 Like

This feature is now enabled by default in the latest release!

1 Like

Give an option to turn it back on. I can’t find my downloads after updating April 9. When I use the icon at the top now, it opens the file instead of give “show in folder” option.

1 Like

Thanks. I tried pasting that line into Brave’s URL bar, but it got me a blank screen with a reset button. Download behavior still the same. ??

Today I needed to download my router’s configuration and normally when I do so, Brave shows the downloaded file at the bottom of the screen. Today, I clicked on the download router config, but saw nothing happen on the browser screen, so I clicked again. Nothing. Clicked again, nothing still. As it turns out, when I looked in the downloads folder, there were three copies of the router config backup downloaded, but Brave didn’t indicate it had downloaded anything. I don’t like this new behavior at all.

Sorry I couldn’t get back to you sooner. I had a similar issue when I did the whole line. Try going to just brave://flags/, then using the search bar to type in downloads, and disable the two settings “download bubble” and “download bubble v2”.

1 Like

Thank you. That did the trick!

1 Like