Distorted font (characters) in some webpages

No idea. They work for me. I did go edit just to. Please try again if you get a chance.

Link to the issue report with the comment. It is the last comment on the report. Issue #23093 in case this link doesn’t work either, you can pull it up at Brave GitHub.

win10 or win11 or earlier version?

There was a problem previously with fingerprinting and distorted fonts but it was fixed. I was just posting information from past problems in case there was a regression Brave dev needs to look into. If you tried the fingerprinting suggestion or even tried a different fingerprinting setting, then this issue probably does not apply.

There was another suggested workaround in that post you might want to try. Posting link and quoting just in case link doesn’t work.

Posted by @289wk

Close / Exit / Quit everything.
In the address field of Windows Explorer, enter:

%WINDIR%/Fonts

That should get you to the Fonts folder.

Move all of the

• Helvetica
  • Helvetica neue

. . . fonts, to some other folder.
Restart your Windows OS machine.

To confirm, the font distortion is only happening in Brave and not Chrome, correct? Also, have you tested in a new profile, Brave Beta, and/or Brave Nightly? You might try to test to see if the font distortion behavior occurs there also. The additional information will probably help troubleshoot.