Disabling "Upgrade connections to HTTPS" is not working

I’m using Brave for development and I have a HTTP server running on local port 8108.
Even with the “Upgrade connections to HTTPS” option disabled, Brave upgrades my HTTP requests do HTTPS:


This behavior does not occur with Chromium or Google Chrome:


How can this issue be reproduced?

  1. Start a local HTTP/HTTPS service;
  2. Disable “Upgrade connections to HTTPS” option;
  3. Start a second local Web application that makes HTTP requests to the first one;
  4. Open Developer Tools and watch the requests.

Expected result:
Brave should no try to upgrade my http requests to https.

Brave Version:
Version 1.9.72 Chromium: 81.0.4044.138 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Information:

  1. I’ve tried disabling Brave Shields as well but with no success;
  2. If i try to access my HTTP server from address bar, Brave does not try to upgrade the request do HTTPS, or at least try both protocols.
  3. My local server is not configured do work with HTTPS because it is intended for development.

Fixed in Version 1.10.93 Chromium: 83.0.4103.106 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Glad this got fixed in the latest release, I was just digging through our Github before I realized you noted and hour ago that the issue was resolved. Sorry for the lack of response – please don’t hesitate to reach out again :slight_smile: