I’m using Brave for development and I have a HTTP server running on local port 8108.
Even with the “Upgrade connections to HTTPS” option disabled, Brave upgrades my HTTP requests do HTTPS:
This behavior does not occur with Chromium or Google Chrome:
How can this issue be reproduced?
- Start a local HTTP/HTTPS service;
- Disable “Upgrade connections to HTTPS” option;
- Start a second local Web application that makes HTTP requests to the first one;
- Open Developer Tools and watch the requests.
Brave should no try to upgrade my http requests to https.
Version 1.9.72 Chromium: 81.0.4044.138 (Official Build) (64-bit)
- I’ve tried disabling Brave Shields as well but with no success;
- If i try to access my HTTP server from address bar, Brave does not try to upgrade the request do HTTPS, or at least try both protocols.
- My local server is not configured do work with HTTPS because it is intended for development.