Description of the issue:
Each time the devtools are opened the “Panel layout” setting reverts to “auto”.
Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.
- Open the dev tools.
- Click the gear in the upper right to open the dev tools settings.
- Under “Appearance”, change “Panel layout” to “horizontal”.
- Close the settings and notice the Elements tab has uses a horizontal layout, with each pane rendered as a horizontal row.
- Close the devtools.
- Reopen the devtools and notice the Elements tab no longer uses the horizontal layout.
- Open the devtools settings again and notice Panel layout has reverted to “auto”.
Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):
Reproduces how often:
Operating System and Brave Version(See the
About Brave page in the main menu):
Version 1.37.92 Chromium: 99.0.4844.51 (Official Build) beta (arm64)
This issue is not specific to this exact version. I’ve observed this behavior for many months.