Desktop App crash while closing any tab

Description of the issue:
The Desktop browser get frozen while closing any open tabs and takes about 1-2 minutes to resume working but most of the time it gets closed by itself

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Version 1.51.118 Chromium: 113.0.5672.126 (Official Build) (64-bit)
  2. open more than 5 tabs at once (I open more than 10 at the same time tbh as I use it for my work purposes )
  3. tries to close one of them after leaving it for a while (Mainly 15 min)

Expected result:

• The app should behave normally for closing any tab -

Brave Version( check About Brave):
v1.51.118

1 Like

Same issue, on Mac as well, using latest version on both PC and Laptop, one is using windows and another uses MacOS. It does not crash on closing any tab, just randomly when I try to close tab it slows down and mostly crashes. Pretty sure, it happens since latest update.

Version 1.51.118 Chromium: 113.0.5672.126 (Official Build) (arm64)

@wahba @lasha_an, can you please go to brave://crashes and

• if you have automatic crash reporting is enabled (Settings --> Privacy/Security --> Automatically send diagnostic reports), please respond back here with the crash report ID
  • If Automatically send diagnostic reports is not enabled, ensure you click Send on these crash reports listed on the page, then reply here with the crash report ID

Thank you.

It’s turned on, but none of the crashes are uploaded, so I clicked on all of them “Send Now” button.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.