Desktop 64-bit Installation Problem (Connecting to Internet)

Troubleshooting technical issues is much easier when both the user and support agent practice clear communication. For this reason, we have provided the template below for you to fill out with information about your issue. Please provide as much detail as possible so we can most efficiently resolve your problem.

Delete the any text above the line separator below before posting

**Description of the issue:

Dear Office,

I’m currently having a problem installing the browser again after restarting my laptop. I have used the browser for a long time and I decided to recover my laptop to its original state, to when I first bought it, and reinstall the Brave browser. It’s something I do once every few months to prevent it from potential virus attack.

My laptop is doing just fine running other apps, and everytime I try to run the BRAVE installation file, it gives the message “Unable to connect to the internet. If you use a firewall, please whitelist BraveUpdate.exe.”. But, I’ve tried in both Internet Explorer and Chrome to run this file. I’ve also tried deleting the BraveSoftware folder stored in the program files in the C drive. Everytime I run the file, it says it’s connecting to the internet and it gives me the same error message at the end. I’ve checked the current running processes and made sure the installation is not being duplicated or anything. Now, I simply cannot find a reason why it’s not working.

Could you please help me with this?

Thanks,

Danny

How can this issue be reproduced?

Expected result:

Brave Version( check About Brave):

Additional Information:

I’ve had the same issue. Although, in my case, it’s my first time downloading Brave.

Closed as duplicates of Brave does not install