Consolidate BAT from different devices into one wallet

Need to consolidate all rewards from different devices into one wallet

What Operating System and Brave version are you using (Menu --> About Brave)? windows/android

Is your browser wallet currently verified? (yes/no) no

What date did you verify your wallet? n/a

Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past? rewards, yes

Are you using a VPN? (yes/no) no

Are you in a supported region (see here for list of supported regions)? yes

Does your device pass the SafteyNet check (Android only)? yes

Have you manually turned off Auto-contribute on all of your devices linked to Uphold?? n/a

Hi,

I’ve been using Brave for a while and had it install on all my devices at home currently. I have not verified or created an uphold wallet as the BAT balances were low, ranging from >1 BAT to 7 BAT. I had initially planned to just let them all accumulate and even synched them in a chain. Unfortunately, due to some unavoidable circumstances, I have to sell said devices to stay afloat keeping only 1 device for my immediate needs. is there a way that I could put all of those BAT I have now into just one wallet or address? For reference, I have 3 desktops, 1 laptop, and two phones.

thanks in advance.

Short answer for what we have now = No (assuming you still aren’t going to Verify with Uphold/Gemini)

Longer Answer:
There’s no backup & restore and each wallet has its own encryption code. The only way to combine things is to link with a verified wallet, such as Gemini or Uphold. Otherwise it’s just stored as vBAT on your device and unable to really be moved except for tipping creators.

I do not see them implementing anything where multiple devices share the same internal “wallet” with each other. That said, they are working on an official Backup & Restore for when moving to new devices and all, so we don’t risk losing existing BAT on unverified devices. But I think that’s just a Backup and not anything of a merger between multiple devices. Info on the Backup & Restore is below, but as stated…not quite what you’re looking for but I did want to share it for what it’s worth.

Desktop Version = https://github.com/brave/brave-browser/issues/18101
Android Version = https://github.com/brave/brave-browser/issues/18102

Thanks man! I actually was expecting that reply but just needed to be sure. I also went ahead and signed up with uphold. Just to confirm, i only need one uphold account and i can use that to transfer the BAT from all the devices correct?

Also, will i be able to transfer the BAT from uphold to my wallet once they’re all there? I’m not comfortable keeping it all there tbh.

Thanks again for the fast response.

Correct. The only thing to keep in mind is they have a 4 device/wallet limit to each account. So you’ll be able to link up to 4, but then it will tell you you’re at a device limit. Also included under limit is if you reinstall the browser or whatever, it will read as something different because it will consist of a different encryption code (wallet ID). So have to be cautious on that.

Wallet Limits are going to change within the next month or two, where Users can better manage it. But that’s the future and not helpful with your current situation.

Yes. You can link your bank account and withdraw it into fiat money (real cash) or you can move it to another wallet you have elsewhere. Only thing to keep in mind is you’re moving it to any other location, there can be lots of fees. Things like network fees, gas fees, etc that we all incur when transferring cryptocurrency. So that’s something you’ll need to be ready for. Fees can be outrageous, so if you’re not too familiar with that you’ll want to be ready and not let yourself be caught off guard with it.

You answered all my questions perfectly. I’m having problems with uphold now (OTP) but that’s another topic. Thanks again. big help!

now, how do I close this thread?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.