Configure sync for 2 or more users on same computer so there's no co-mingling of data between users

I need help configuring Brave sync. My wife and I use the same computers from time to time (1 desktop and 1 laptop) with separate computer user accounts on each. I have different bookmarks, etc., than my wife and don’t want them merged or co-mingled within Brave. The Brave version is very recent (v1.21.77) and just updated Brave on both computers to v1.22.67 today.

The problem I’m having is this: When I’ve tried to configure Sync for my user account/profile, Brave replaces my wife’s bookmarks and data with my bookmarks and data, so when she uses Brave within her computer user accounts, my bookmarks and data appear in her Brave instance. I have searched and searched for an answer as to how to configure sync for my user account/profile and keep all sync data separate from my wife’s user account/profile. I’ve removed all sync chains and created them again, uninstalled and reinstalled Brave a few times, with the same results no matter what I’ve tried. So far I have not found any solution anywhere. Can anyone help with this issue. If my description is not clear or concise enough let me know what is not understood and I’ll try to explain this better.

For what it’s worth, when we were using Google Chrome, their version of chromium browser was able to keep our data separate from each other’s profile/Chrome instance.

Thanks in advance for any help I can get.

Description of the issue:

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.

Reproduces how often:

Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):

Type of devices currently running on the Sync chain in question:

Additional Information:

1 Like

hey @Rockyhud , did you get an answer to this.? Its exactly the issue I have … I have 2 profiles set up (1 for private, 1 for Work) and I want different bookmarks depending on the Profile I am using

do let me know - C