Conditions to show IPFS label in Brave's search bar

Description of the issue:
I have a domain use Cloudflare DNS with 2 records:
A app.xxx.io → origin server ip
TXT _dnslink.app → “dnslink=/ipfs/”

The web content can be normally accessed by ipns://app.xxx.io in Brave, but the “IPFS” label didn’t appear in the search bar.

There are some service help me deploy a static web on IPFS, but I want to do it manually.

Exact URL of the website in question: Which conditions does Brave use to show IPFS label in Brave’s search bar?

Brave version (check About Brave): Version 1.49.120 Chromium: 111.0.5563.64 (Official Build) (arm64)

2 Likes

Hi there @roycephan thanks for contacting us. On Brave go to brave://settings/web3 and make sure that the option Automatically redirect to IPFS pages via DNSLink when possible is enabled.

Let me know if that works for you.

I don’t want it automatically redirect to IPFS pages.
I just want it show the IPFS label.
Currently Brave show IPFS label like https://ipfs.tech, and I want it also show with my domain.

1 Like

I’ve shared this with our team and I’m waiting for further information on the matter. Once our team has answers, I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Thank @Kevin_cc. I’m waiting for your response.

Hi @Kevin_cc , any update.

1 Like

@roycephan sorry for the delay on our response. At this time our team is pending investigation on this concern, I’ll get back to you as soon as my team has a response.

Apologies for the wait.

Ok. Thank you, sir. Look forward to your team.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.