Combined Topic: iOS crashing after 1.50

@Pittman1234 and @Shan_E I’m not having issue with my iPhone. That said, I know Shan_e is using an outdated iOS version. The current is 16.4.1(a). And the iPhone XS should be able to update to it. So I’d recommend you checking that out.

In regards to both of you, if it’s continually crashing, then going to likely need to see crash reports. If you could follow the instructions at PSA: Current FAQ - #44 by Saoiray it would help.

Thanks. I’ll update my iOS. Hopefully that works!

Brave still support iOS 15 so it should work.I don’t want to update my ios. I’m unable to upload crash report because it is saying that I’m a new user of community.

Hi there, can you check if the latest public beta build does not crash for you?
Grab it here https://testflight.apple.com/join/Trcbh1o3
Version 1.51 (23.5.12.16), we have a potential fix there.

Alternatively you can try updating your iOS device to a higher iOS 15 version. This crash seems to only occur on 15.0 and 15.1 devices

Hi. I think Brave updated last night and now I cant even open it on my iPad Pro. When I try to use the browser it will immediately crash. Wont load anything. Just crashes. I deleted the app. Reinstalled it. It still just crashes. Please help.

I’m on iOS 15.0.2

1 Like

Having this same issue suddenly today on iPhone running iOS 15.1.1. Tried the same troubleshooting steps and it still crashes on launch.

1 Like

I just noticed someone else posted the exact complaint… at the same time i did!

2 Likes

@mattches could you help?
I do know that there’s a notice you made about crashing or lost data installations but I’m not sure if iPad users are connected to it as well.

@Dwp138 @2rabbit would you guys know what brave Version you are on?
Does the same happen for Brave beta/Nightly?

@SmartyAadi - When I redownloaded it the app store showed version 1.50. Is it possible to get beta/Nightly without being able to launch the app?

I am not sure I understand your doubt?

i have the latest version installed.

Thank you all for reporting.
Can I ask you all to go ahead and get the crash logs from your device and send them my way? You can see instructions for how to download your crash logs here (instructions are for FF but they are the same steps as for Brave):

Once you have them, simply reply here in this thread stating that you do and I will send you a DM to receive the logs.

Thank you

@Dwp138 @2rabbit Not sure if you shared your crash logs with Mattches yet. If you did, please advise so at least other people looking here know he did contact and you’ve shared.

I know Mattches shared link to a “how to” on accessing and sharing crash logs. If you need, a simpler step by step can be found on my FAQ at iOS crashes: How to share logs. Just sharing because some others said the link provided by Mattches was harder to follow.

Thanks!

Brave crashes immediately on startup. I’m using it on my iphone. I have checked for updates on the app store, I have deleted Brave and restarted my phone, reinstalled Brave and it still doesn’t work. Please help!

I’m having the same issue suddenly

I also am having this issue with the classic Brave, nightly works fine

I think this issue is related to

I’ll suggest sharing info which others have shared, so brave can have more data about what’s happening.

Apologies but it is not related to the issue linked above.

Please see my response here and follow the instructions on how to download your iOS crash logs so our developers can take a closer look:
https://community.brave.com/t/can-t-open-brave-on-ipad-pro/486544/8?u=mattches

I’m sorry, I don’t understand how to download the crash logs on my iphone from that response. Will you please provide something more specific?

Hey. I think the steps at
PSA: Current FAQ - #44 by Saoiray might help