Cnn in Spanish is not compatible when clicking with Brave in the twitter app

Description of the issue:

When I enter the Twitter app and click on the CNN publication in Spanish, the Brave browser opens and tells me your web browser is not compatible

but it does work when inside from the official cnn page in Spanish

Exact URL of the website in question:

Did the issue present with default Shields settings? (yes/no)

no

Does the site function as expected when Shields are turned off?

no

Is there a specific Shields configuration that causes the site to break? If so, tell us that configuration. (yes/no):

no

Does the site work as expected when using Chrome?

Yeah

Brave version (check About Brave):

Does opening the page directly work? Just checked desktop and android, both loaded okay so far

Yes it works from the official website from Android but it does not work from the Twitter app when I click on it from the app I recorded the screenshot

@fanboynz can this cnn web compatibility problem be solved in Spanish because I still see that your web browser is not compatible

Cc: @fanboynz is there a solution I still see your web browser is not compatible

Non-direct link to test?

[quote=“fanboynz, post:6, topic:524809”]
Enlace no directo para probar?
[/quote]When I opened the link, it opened well but it told me that your web browser is not compatible. You have to log into your Twitter account first and search for cnn in Spanish on Lupita and click on any link from the publication and the page will open and you will see It will say your web browser is not compatible, do it like this from the Android device and do it as shown in the video, what I had published here I leave you the link, anything, let me know https://cnnespanol.cnn.com/navegador-no- compatible/

@fanboynz were you able to solve the problem what I had indicated to you step by step because I still see that the Brave browser is not compatible

Opening the direct link “https://cnnespanol.cnn.com/navegador-no- compatible/” will fail. So linking to this url will fail. Visiting https://cnnespanol.cnn.com/ and pages off this will work fine.

A few months ago we had a similar issue with the main www.cnn.com, but that was resolve within the same day.

@fanboynz the problem is correct when in the Twitter app I look in the magnifying glass for cnn in Spanish and when I click on the publication of cnn in Spanish the brave browser opens and I get the error that your web browser is not compatible so the million dollar question, is there any solution to fix the cnn page in Spanish when opening the link in the twitter app

Link to the twitter post?

@fanboynz yes correct, is there a solution or adding a filter in Brave://adblock

@fanboynz I’m tagging you again because I’m still seeing your web browser is not compatible I need to know if there is a solution

1. I’ve asked for the twitter link, no one posts.
  2. I’ve opened the site cnnespanol.cnn.com on 2 different android devices, both work fine. Visiting the site directly works, no redirection or anything. And is covered by point 3.
  3. We have a specific brave-fix.js on cnnespanol.cnn.com already, with shields enabled.

So without a solution to web compatibility, well, I will have to continue seeing the error when clicking

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.