Clicking link to .ics file downloads but doesn’t offer to import to calendar

Troubleshooting technical issues is much easier when both the user and support agent practice clear communication. For this reason, we have provided the template below for you to fill out with information about your issue. Please provide as much detail as possible so we can most efficiently resolve your problem.

Description of the issue:
Clicking link to .ics file downloads but doesn’t import to calendar. Safari does offer import to calendar.

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Click on a link to an ics file - both zoom and meetup use them heavily

Expected result:
File is downloaded and then brave offers to add the contained event to the calendar

Brave Version( check About Brave):

Mobile Device details
iPhone XS iOS 14.1

Additional Information:
Going to downloads and clicking on the ics file shows the event but doesn’t offer to import it to the calendar

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi there @Joefilmmaker, welcome to Community :smiley:

You might want to consider updating to the latest Brave version.

Best,
Salty :banana:

@Joefilmmaker,
Are you still encountering this issue after updating to the latest build?

I’m not the OP, but I can confirm this is still broken for me on Brave for iOS, v1.35.1

The behavior is as described - the .ics is downloaded instead of opened, and when you go to downloaded files and directly open it, it shows the meeting details but there is no way to import it to your calendar.

This issue still exists. Running Brave on iOS v1.39. iOS version is 15.5.

It should prompt to open it in the calendar app. Downloading the file seems like the wrong behavior as the only purpose of the file is to load it into your calendar. I cannot think of a reason a user would want to download calendar invites instead of immediately importing them.